Monday, April 4

What I'm Reading - April 4, 2016

This post contains affiliate links. 
It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This weekly reading list meme is hosted at Book Date. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next! I'm also going to be linking up with Tales of a Pee Dee Mama for D.E.A.R. Monday (Drop Everything And Read).


I recently finished reading...

Boundaries with Teens: When to Say Yes, How to Say No by Dr. John Townsend - An encouraging read with practical and empowering advice for setting and maintaining appropriate boundaries for your teens, and why that's important. (Read my full review HERE.)




I'm currently reading...

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - still slow going, but I think I may yet enjoy this!



Mosaic: Pieces of My Life So Far by Amy Grant - really enjoying this collection of memories and songs.



The Adventuress: A Lady Emily Mystery by Tasha Alexander




 Next on the stack...

The Prophetess: Deborah's Story (Daughters of the Promised Land) by Jill Eileen Smith
Counted With the Stars (Out From Egypt) by Connilyn Cossette
One Vote: Make Your Voice Heard by Ben Carson, MD
Plugged-In Parenting: How to Raise Media-Savvy Kids with Love, Not War by Bob Waliszewski

     

     


On my blogs last week . . .

Here on Just A Second:

Scripture and a Snapshot - Rock of Refuge
Recent Reads - Boundaries With Teens
Bookshelf Review - March 2016
Wordless Wednesday - Easter Baskets
Teaser Tuesdays - Mosaic

And on my homeschool blog, Homeschool Coffee Break:

Homeschool Weekly - A Cup of Coffee Edition
A Cup of Coffee and a Word of Advice - Keep Your Perspective
From the High School Lesson Book - April Link Party and Free E-Books
A Cup of Coffee and a Word of Advice - Be Yourself
Virtual Refrigerator - Carry Your Name
A Cup of Coffee and a Word of Advice - Be Confident
A Cup of Coffee and a Word of Advice - Be Realistic
A Cup of Coffee and a Word of Advice - Be Flexible

What are you reading?

©2008-2016 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

Green Mountain ground coffee 

6 comments:

  1. The teen book should be good. Nothing like that for when my son was growing up, but thankfully he was easy to raise. :)

    Your books have gorgeous covers.

    ENJOY your week, and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It’s Monday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your new books! I'm curious about Plugged-In Parenting. Thanksfor sharing...Here are
    MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking variety of books. I hope you enjoy them all. Here is what I read last week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boundaries with Teens sounds gook. I always have believed boundaries sure help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might have to look into that Plugged-In Parenting book! Boundaries for the X Box are a consistent thing in our house...

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.