Thursday, March 31

Bookshelf Review - March 2016

This post contains affiliate links.

March's Books Completed and Reviewed

Miriam: A Treasures of the Nile Novel by Mesu Andrews - I read and reviewed this right at the very end of February, but since it's just been released, I am sharing it again. It is a wonderful book and I highly recommend it! (Read my review HERE.)



Empty Nest: What's Next?: Parenting Adult Children Without Losing Your Mind by Michele Howe - My review for this one will be posting soon.



David and Bathsheba by Roberta Kells Dorr - This was a bit of a slow starter for me, but once I got into it - loved it! (Read my review HERE.)


A Beauty So Rare (A Belmont Mansion Novel) by Tamera Alexander (Read my review HERE.)



Queen of Sheba by Roberta Kells Dorr (Read my review HERE.)



During March I continued reading:

The Coffee Trader: A Novel by David Liss - I wish I could get myself to focus on this, because I like it, but it's taking me forever to read it. The action isn't moving as quickly as I expected, because every time something happens, there's a bunch of background to it.

The Coffee Trader


During March I started reading:

Boundaries with Teens: When to Say Yes, How to Say No by Dr. John Townsend - I realized that I will need to return this borrowed book soon, so I got started on it. It will be a skim more than a detailed read, and I'm in the last couple of chapters right now. Might even finish today!



Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - Years ago, I started to read this and couldn't do it. But so many people claim that they had a similar experience and then loved it on a second attempt, that I'm trying it again for the Back to the Classics challenge. I'm not very far into it, and it is still not resonating with me, but I'm hopeful.




Mosaic: Pieces of My Life So Far by Amy Grant - I'm enjoying these short stories that make up her memoir, interspersed with lyrics from her songs.



During March I shelved:

White Nights and Other Stories by Fyodor Dostoyevsky - I read a little at the beginning of the month, but then set it aside in favor of some other things for now.


Coming Up in April!

badge

What's On Your Nightstand

All Books Linkup March

©2008-2016 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a very good reading month. Empty Nest - hmm interesting. I don't have children but I see others with them, so love the title addition - without losing your mind!
    Hope April is as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve been in the empty nest phase for about 3 years now and have enjoyed it much more than I ever thought possible. So much to do now and no kids’ schedules to have to work around. I’ll look forward to what you say about Michele Howe’s book; I haven’t read it. It took me awhile to get into Withering Heights too. I read it with my daughters when they were teens and towards the end of the book I couldn’t put it down (unusual for me). Thanks for sharing your nightstand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope WH keeps getting better as I go! Thanks for stopping by. I do hope to be able to post my review about the Empty Nest book soon.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a great March! I love the cover of Miriam, it is so pretty. Have a great April! My March Wrap-Up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reading month...I have been noticing Mosaic, which looks good.

    Here is MY MONTHLY WRAP-UP POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying Mosaic so far - thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Looks like you have a nice variety of books. Have a great April!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Wuthering Heights, but have it on my list to eventually read it...one of these days! Great reading month!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.