Monday, March 14

What I'm Reading - March 14, 2016

This post contains affiliate links. 
It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This weekly reading list meme is hosted at Book Date. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next! I'm also going to be linking up with Tales of a Pee Dee Mama for D.E.A.R. Monday (Drop Everything And Read).


I recently finished reading...

David and Bathsheba by Roberta Kells Dorr - I finished this right at the end of last week, so the review didn't get posted until this week. (Read my full review HERE.)



Empty Nest: What's Next?: Parenting Adult Children Without Losing Your Mind by Michele Howe - And I just finished reading this one and haven't yet posted my review, so you'll see it here again next week with that link!




I'm currently reading...

A Beauty So Rare (A Belmont Mansion Novel) by Tamera Alexander



Queen of Sheba by Roberta Kells Dorr - very interesting, so far!



Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - A couple chapters in and it's better than the last time I tried to read it, but true enjoyment hasn't hit me yet. I'm still waiting!




The Coffee Trader: A Novel by David Liss - still working on this one a little bit at a time.

The Coffee Trader


 Next on the stack...

The Prophetess: Deborah's Story (Daughters of the Promised Land) by Jill Eileen Smith
Mosaic: Pieces of My Life So Far by Amy Grant
Boundaries with Teens: When to Say Yes, How to Say No by Dr. John Townsend


        




On my blogs last week . . .

Here on Just A Second:

Scripture and a Snapshot - Be A Servant
Recent Reads - David and Bathsheba
Wordless Wednesday - Spring Snow
Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter First Paragraph - Queen of Sheba
Join the Scavenger Hunt Blog Hop!


And on my homeschool blog, Homeschool Coffee Break:

Homeschool Weekly - Making Progress Edition
From the High School Lesson Book - Analytical Grammar
Virtual Refrigerator - Polish Paper-cutting
Join the Scavenger Hunt!
Science and Stuff


What are you reading?

©2008-2016 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. Nice assortment of books! I hope you enjoy them all. Here is my week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mosaic looks tempting. Enjoy your books...and here are
    MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Queen of Sheba looks interesting. Enjoy your books!


    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've picked up Wuthering Heights a couple of times, but never gotten very far. Yet, it's one of those books I really think I should read. Maybe this year... ;)

    Have a good reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you are still reading the Coffee Trader....how is it?

    David and Bathsheba should be interesting. :)

    ENJOY this reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Wuthering Heights as a teenager and just hated it - Catherine and Heathcliffe just seemed like such mean and spiteful characters, hurting everyone around them. I wonder how I'd feel if I read it now, all these years later?

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.