Tuesday, May 16

Teaser Tuesday/First Chapter First Paragraph - Wings of the Wind

This post contains affiliate links. 

 

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. To play along, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers!
  • Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers! 
Reluctantly, I obeyed, anticipating a reprimand from this older woman whose elegant presence made me acutely aware of the dirt beneath my fingernails and the loss of my hair. But the warmth of her honey-gold eyes surprised me as she reached out and gripped my shoulder lightly. "Eben protects me because he loves me, not because he sees me as weak."
~Wings of the Wind (Out From Egypt) by Connilyn Cossette, page 115

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 


First Chapter/First Paragraph/Tuesday Intros is a weekly link-up hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea. To participate, share the first paragraph (or two) of a book you're reading, or thinking about reading.

ALANAH


14 NISSAN
1407 BC
NEGEV DESERT

Forging through the teeming mass of Canaanite soldiers in this vast army camp, I'd never felt more alone. A tendril of hair tickled the side of my neck and I jammed the errant strand under my bronze helmet, hoping no one had glimpsed the flash of red against my shoulder. The scaled armor I wore, heavy as it was, disguised my form to good effect. If I was vigilant to keep my guard raised, no one would ever know a woman walked among them until they found my body on the battlefield tomorrow.

Careful to widen my stance and tread with a heavier step, I ran my brother's name through my mind again and again, then repeated it under my breath for good measure. If I was questioned, the name Davash must spring easily to my lips, instead of my own. Any hesitation and there would be suspicion. I could not afford suspicion.





Here's the blurb:

Can vengeance give way to forgiveness when one woman's destiny becomes entangled with the very enemies she sought to destroy?

Motherless and raised alongside her brothers, Alanah, a Canaanite, is no stranger to fighting. When her father and brothers are killed in battle with the Hebrews, she disguises herself and sneaks onto the battlefield to avenge her family. The one thing she never counted on was surviving.

Tobiah, a Hebrew warrior, has spent his share of time on the battlefield and is shocked to find an unconscious woman among the casualties. Compelled to bring her to a healer back at the Hebrew camp, he's unprepared for the consequences of what he intended as an act of compassion.

In order to survive, Alanah must unite with her enemy. But will a terrible revelation drive her toward an even greater danger?

What do you think? Would you continue reading?

©2008-2017 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. Not sure this one would be for me, but I hope you enjoy it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover, and I hope you enjoy the book.


    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a grand adventure. I like the way the author introduces the main character as the action is about to begin. I'd keep reading.
    My Tuesday post features A Memory of Violets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably not for me, but there is an intensity to the situation that grabs me. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE RED HUNTER”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would keep reading. The cover is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.