
I always feel like I'm a little late for the weekly Chat on the Farmhouse Porch hosted by Everyday Ruralty. But I don't think I am. Let me just refill my coffee and then I'll answer the questions that Patrice has put to us this week.
This week's questions:
- Please tell me something you have done recently that was really fun.
- Do you worry about any issues regarding food/food quality/food production?
- Have you painted any of your walls with colors other than white, beige, or tan?
- What is your favorite way to have a hamburger?
- Please finish this sentence. If I could, I'd like to play __________________________. (This could be a musical instrument, a part in a play - use your imagination.)
My answers:
- Well, there hasn't been anything "big" lately, but I have a lot of fun doing everyday things. Things like going out for coffee with friends, going to music practice, even hanging out with the other moms and homeschool meetings. I'm looking forward to doing some fun things next week while on vacation!
- I don't really worry about it, but I am paying more attention to how many additives are in the food. I'm trying to do more baking and 'from scratch' cooking, but I'm not exactly the crunchy-granola type and I don't like cooking that much, so that's a challenge.
- Any walls I've painted are something other than white, beige, or tan! Some of the rooms here we haven't painted (yet!!) and those are the ones that are still bland off-white. In my living room, there's wallpaper and a dark green wall. My kitchen and dining room have red/tan checkerboard wallpaper. My bathroom is bright green with a darker green sponged pattern. The upstairs bathroom is turquoise. My daughter's room is sage green, and my sons' room is a medium blue. The family room is the room we're working on painting - it's a light green. We also tried out a deep golden yellow in the stairwell, and liked it so that is probably what I'll put in the hallways and entry as well, and maybe even in the dining room someday.
- I love burgers cooked on the grill, well-done, and with bacon and cheese. Sometimes I put just barbecue sauce on, but most of the time I put on mayo, ketchup, and mustard.
- If I could, I'd like to play guitar! I learned to play when I was a teenager, but have rarely picked up a guitar since, so I've forgotten most of it.
©2008-2014 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
I actually would like a beige wall for a change. I don't like DIY paining any longer. I am afraid to paint the wall paper.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have a pretty, colorful house! All of our walls are currently boring off-white, but when I was a little girl, mine and my sister's room was a soft pink and our brothers' room was a blue, dark blue, I believe.
ReplyDeleteHave a great evening!
Hi Kym! Hope you are having a great first day of September! I love BBQ sauce on my hamburgers, too! Your house sounds colorful and happy! Enjoyed the chat!
ReplyDelete