
Understanding the Times by Ken Ham - This book was free for Kindle a while back and I thought it was worth picking up. Turns out it was a very quick read, and much of the material in the book is what Mr Ham presented when I last heard him speak - at the Teach Them Diligently conference in Washington DC. Although I immediately recognized the content as something I'd already heard (and could still remember exactly how he said it - delightful Australian accent and all!), it was not just a rehash. I loved having all of the Scripture references and the explanations included, because I couldn't take notes that efficiently! Plus there are many points and items that I had not heard or read before. Ham presents a heartfelt call to the church to stand firm on the authority of God's Word, and gives compelling and logical reasons that we can and must do so with confidence. A recommended read for parents, Sunday School teachers, and church leaders.
By the same author: Already Compromised, Already Gone, The New Answers Book 1
(Book #33 in the 52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge)
By the same author: Already Compromised, Already Gone, The New Answers Book 1
(Book #33 in the 52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge)
©2008-2014 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
Sounds like a good book.
ReplyDeleteI like the fact that it includes Scripture references and explanations.