Monday, October 19

What I'm Reading - October 19, 2015

This post may contain affiliate links. 
It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This weekly reading list meme has been faithfully hosted at Book Journey, and beginning today, will move its home base to Book Date. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next!

I recently finished reading...

Unequal Affections: A Pride and Prejudice Retelling by Lara S. Ormiston - I finished this last week, but didn't get the review done until this past weekend. You can read it HERE.

Unequal Affections: A Pride and Prejudice Retelling

Ruby (Dakotah Treasures #1) by Lauraine Snelling - I finished this a few days ago, and reviewed it for September's #collaboreads HERE.
Ruby (Dakotah Treasures, #1)

I'm currently reading...

Fire and Ice (Wild at Heart) by Mary Connealy
Fire and Ice (Wild at Heart, #3)

Murther and Walking Spirits by Robertson Davies
Murther and Walking Spirits


The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux - just started this last night.
 The Phantom of the Opera

  Next on the stack...

I was about to say Dracula by Bram Stoker, but I'm not sure where my copy is. I do, however, have Frankenstein by Mary Shelley sitting here, so I may read that one for my #collaboreads October choice. I love both, but Dracula is the clear favorite for me. My daughter will be reading Frankenstein for her Brit Lit course this year, so it's probably good for me to refresh my memory of it.

Frankenstein   Dracula

And STILL on the to-read pile are these:

Regency Buck by Georgette Heyer
The Fatal Tree (Bright Empires) by Stephen R Lawhead
The Darcys of Pemberley by Shannon Winslow

Regency Buck   The Fatal Tree (Bright Empires, #5)

The Darcys of Pemberley (The Darcys of Pemberley, #1)

On my blogs last week...

Here on Just A Second:
Recent Reads - Ruby
Scripture and a Snapshot
Recent Reads - Unequal Affection

And on my homeschool blog, Homeschool Coffee Break:
Homeschool Weekly - Autumn Edition
Do You Believe? (A DVD from FishFlix.com - A Schoolhouse Crew Review)
Virtual Refrigerator - Angel
Homeschool Weekly - Unexpected Edition

What are you reading?

©2008-2015 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely collection of books! Thanks for sharing...I am curious about Ruby....Enjoy the new week.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice assortment of books. I enjoyed Regency Buck when I read it. The rest of your stack are new to me. I've never read either Dracula or Frankenstein though lately I seem to be seeing a number of Frankenstein retellings. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful list for the week.

    The Phantom of the Opera is a favorite of mine. Haven't read the book, but have seen the play a number of times.

    I like the looks of The Fatal Tree too.

    ENJOY your books and your week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of a couple of books especially Fire and Ice and Ruby. Enjoy your reading this week.

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.