This post contains affiliate links.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn at Books and Beat. To play along, just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
- Be careful not to include spoilers!
- Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
This novella is a prequel to the recently released fifth novel in the series, As Death Draws Near. I'm hoping to get my hands on that soon!
It still amazed me at times that I was about to marry him. We had both come so very far from who we'd been ony a year ago. I remembered how at first I'd thought him to be a pompous, dim-witted, interfering rogue.
~A Pressing Engagement (A Lady Darby Mystery) by Anna Lee Huber, at 9% on my Kindle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First Chapter/First Paragraph/Tuesday Intros is a weekly link-up hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea. To participate, share the first paragraph (or two) of a book you're reading, or thinking about reading.
Scotland, 1831. With her wedding to fellow investigator Sebastian Gage only a day away, Kiera is counting down the hours. But just when matrimonial jitters threaten to consume her, Kiera receives a welcome distraction in the form of a mysterious gold necklace.
The Celtic torc, thought missing for decades, was directly involved in a recent investigation. Now, Kiera feels compelled to uncover the truth behind its sudden reappearance.
But with an overwhelming flock of wedding guests, a muddled cat, an unpaid favor, and a ferocious storm throwing things into disarray, it's anyone's guess whether Kiera and Gage will actually make it to the altar . . .
April 15, 1831 - 9:00 A.M.
Edinburgh, Scotland
"Kiera, stop fidgeting."
I locked my knees and bit my lip, stifling the urge to squabble with my sister as if we were still children. Especially when the truth was, she was right. I was fidgeting. But how could anyone expect me to stand still? This was perhaps the dozenth fitting in as many days, to fix yet another inconsequential detail on my gown. Thought it was true, this wasn't just any dress, and Alana only wanted to make it perfect for me; that awareness led me back to the thoughts that had made me start fidgeting in the first place.
Tomorrow was my wedding day.
Here's the blurb:
In this delightful novella from the national bestselling author of A Study in Death, Lady Kiera Darby has one last mystery to solve before she can walk down the aisle . . .
The Celtic torc, thought missing for decades, was directly involved in a recent investigation. Now, Kiera feels compelled to uncover the truth behind its sudden reappearance.
But with an overwhelming flock of wedding guests, a muddled cat, an unpaid favor, and a ferocious storm throwing things into disarray, it's anyone's guess whether Kiera and Gage will actually make it to the altar . . .
I'm betting they will. What do you think? Would you continue reading?
©2008-2016 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
Great first paragraph. I'd pick the book up based on the cover alone,
ReplyDeleteI wonder what changed her opinion of her future husband as a "... pompous, dim-witted, interfering rogue?" I'm curious about this character.
ReplyDeleteMy Tuesday post features BLUEBONNET SPRING
I love the opening. It quickly brings things to the point. I'd keep reading!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds really good! I like the opening and teaser you shared. And the cover is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteI have a feeling they'll say I Do! But what fun getting there. LOL Such a lovely cover. Just look at that gorgeous gown.
ReplyDeleteMy TT from Mummy's Little Angel
Love the cover and the opening. My curiosity is piqued. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteLove the cover as well as the intro; enjoy
ReplyDeleteAnd here I thought rogues were generally not pompous or interfering. Great teaser.
ReplyDeleteI really want to read this series! Unfortunately I say that about far too many :)
ReplyDeleteNice teaser. I wonder what made her change her mind about him being pompous and dim-witted. Seems like a series I'd love reading. :)
ReplyDelete