Thursday, August 7

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch #151

Everyday Ruralty
Good morning! Time for another weekly Chat on the Farmhouse Porch hosted by Everyday RuraltyMy Wednesday evenings are usually full, so I am just planning to join in on the chat on Thursday morning. It's a good way to start the day, with a cup of coffee and a little visit.

This week's questions:
  1. What's the earliest time in your life you can remember? Can you remember being 2 years old, 5 years old, etc?
  2. What do you like to put on pasta? (Your favorite topping.)
  3. Is there something that takes time away from more important things in your life? (TV, internet, talking on the telephone, etc.)
  4. Do you buy many clothes that are "high maintenance"? (Clothes that need to be ironed, dry cleaned, or hand washed)
  5. Please finish this sentence. "I'd like to visit the beach today and --------------."
My answers:
  1. I have a couple of very vague memories from when I was about 3 or 4 years old, but it's from about 5 years old that I can more clearly remember events such as playing in the backyard that summer and my first days of school.
  2. I'm not a big fan of tomato sauces on pasta, unless it's baked - like a lasagna. But I love alfredo sauce! When I make spaghetti and meatballs for the rest of the family, I serve it with the pasta in one bowl and the meatballs and sauce in another because I and a couple of my kids don't like the tomato sauce on our pasta. I eat my spaghetti with just butter. 
  3. Seems like everything I do on the internet takes much longer than I planned for, and yeah - that keeps me from other things I should be doing. I am working on budgeting my time better. I have to, because school will be starting soon and I will have to stick to a better routine!
  4. I really don't buy many clothes at all. I prefer things that are easy care, but it's usually not a deal-breaker if it's something that needs to be ironed or hand-washed. If it's dry clean only, I'd rather not get it.
  5. I'd like to visit the beach today and visit with some friends. If I was going to the beach, I'd choose to go with a couple of good friends and do some catching up.
Visit Chat 151 at Everyday Ruralty to join in! 

©2008-2014 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. The earliest I remember is 6th grade (age?)
    My dad took me to eat breakfast and he bought me a plastic walrus, which I still have and cherish.
    I like tomato sauce on my pasta.
    The internet consumes a lot of my time.
    I do not iron. Praise God - no more ironing.
    If I were at the beach today, I would fly a kite.

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.