Thursday, August 21

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch #153

Everyday Ruralty
I think I have time this morning for a quick weekly Chat on the Farmhouse Porch hosted by Everyday Ruralty

This week's questions:
  1. What are you most looking forward in the remaining months of 2014?
  2. Tell us about the last movie you saw, or book you read.
  3. Do you ever make smoothies or juice?
  4. Who do you wish you could talk to right now?
  5. Please finish this sentence. "If I could spend a week in a lovely cabin in the mountains I would like to_______________________."
My answers:
  1. I'm looking forward to a couple of vacations we still have planned, and I'm really looking forward to having my parents visit us during the Christmas season!
  2. I can't remember what movie I saw last. I haven't seen one in a theater in ages, but I've watched bits and pieces of all kinds of movies on DVD recently - mostly The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings movies. The last book I finished was Loyal In Love and it was okay. It's a novelized biography of Queen Henrietta Maria of England. Right now I'm reading The Eight by Katherine Neville - it is one of my very favorite books.
  3. Nope. My kids make milkshakes though.
  4. There's a number of friends I'd like to talk to in person rather than just on Facebook, but it's a bit of a hike to go out for coffee with any of them.
  5. If I could spend a week in a lovely cabin in the mountains, I would like to relax with some good books, and with my family and some board games. We did a vacation like that a couple years ago, and are hoping to do something very similar again this year.
   
Visit Chat 153 at Everyday Ruralty to join in!

©2008-2014 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. These last months of the year are always the busiest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the Lord of the Rings movies although it took a long time to get through all of them. I like the hobbits, maybe because I'm not a standard height person myself. :)

    I think your vacation idea sounds wonderfully relaxing.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.