Tuesday, August 19

Teaser Tuesdays: August 19, 2014

TeaserTuesdays3

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. To play along, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers!
  • Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
I was in trouble. Big trouble.
It began that New Year's Eve, the last day of 1972. I had a date with a fortune-teller. But like that fellow with the appointment in Samarrah, I'd tried to flee my own fate by avoiding it.
The Eight (The Eight #1)

©2008-2014 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, sounds good!

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/08/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I read that book when it first came out and loved it! Hope you do too!

    Here's my teaser:
    http://www.owlcatmountain.com/2014/08/19/tuesday-teaser-august-19/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read it a couple times before, and it remains a favorite!

      Delete
  3. Sounds interesting... here is my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/08/19/teaser-tuesday-august-19/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious about the fortune teller, and I like the 1972 setting. The cover intrigues me too.
    My Teaser is from KATIE & THE IRISH TEXAN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read more historical fiction. Intriguing teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds intriguing! Hope you enjoy it. Here's my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A date with a fortune teller. Now that sounds interesting. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.