Tuesday, September 16

Teaser Tuesdays - September 16, 2014

TeaserTuesdays3

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. To play along, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers!
  • Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
She could see the words now:
Here lies Marguerite Westing.
Only nineteen, but now she's resting.
Strolling through the park with Roger Gordon,
Once full of life, she died of boredom.
Marguerite giggled.
Making Waves (Lake Manawa Summers #1)

"What's the model to do?" I clutched the signed contract to my chest, wishing I could see Petard's face when he opened it in Paris -- the contract the entire partnership couldn't get signed.
"We would like to predict," Kamel said, "what the world will do, economically, when we cut off their supply of petroleum."
The Eight (The Eight #1)

©2008-2014 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

  1. The Eight is a great book. I need to re-read it sometime. :)

    Here's my teaser:
    http://www.owlcatmountain.com/2014/09/16/tuesday-teaser-september-16/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of The Eight before but it sounds interesting - I may have to add it to my ever growing TBR list :)

    Here's my teaser:

    http://therandomthoughtsofchippy.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/teaser-tuesday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making Waves sounds funny. I've not heard of The Eight before. Not sure if it's my type. Is it a thriller?
    Here is my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/09/16/teaser-tuesdays-81-free-short-story-raker-by-christopher-a-gray-move-over-robocop/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Eight seems like several genres wrapped up in one. LOL Sort of a thriller, also mystery, historical, and a touch of sci-fi. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Making Waves sounds like it would be a fun story, and The Eight sounds like it would be riveting. I think I'd enjoy both!
    Here's the link to my Tuesday post: Tumbleweeds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first one was really cute, but I'm definitely more drawn to the second story. Sounds like something I would enjoy. Thanks for sharing!!
    My Teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book cover actually fits the teaser! This looks like a fun comical read :) Great teaser!

    The Space Between Us | Thrity Umrigar

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed The Eight, and also her book The Fire. Hope you do also.

    Here is my Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read The Fire as well and enjoyed it. Maybe not as much as The Eight, but that's often the way with sequels.

      Delete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.