Tuesday, May 26

Teaser Tuesday/What I'm Reading - May 26, 2015

This post may contain affiliate links. 

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn at A Daily Rhythm. To play along, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers!
  • Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
With a shiver, she decided that was the last time she would read gothic fiction. It was back to architecture books for her.
~The Secret of Pembrooke Park by Julie Klassen, page 123
The Secret of Pembrooke Park

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2a
As the graphic indicates, this list of what I'm reading is usually posted on Monday, but since yesterday was Memorial Day, I am posting today instead. This weekly meme has been hosted at Book Journey, but as that blog author has taken a break and is not back to hosting this yet, I am linking at the book blog Christian Novels instead.

I recently finished reading...
Brigid of Ireland by Cindy Thomson -  Read my complete review HERE.
Brigid of Ireland

I'm currently reading...

Until the Harvest by Sarah Loudin Thomas - I'm reading and reviewing this one for Bethany House. My review will be coming this week!

Until the Harvest (Appalachian Blessings #2)

The Secret of Pembrooke Park by Julie Klassen - I know. Even though I've had these other books on the list of what's next for weeks, I started something else instead. Hey, it was available from the library, so I grabbed it when I could.
The Secret of Pembrooke Park

Next on the stack...

Brentwood's Ward by Michelle Griep - I'm beginning to think I'll never get to this one.
The Fatal Tree by Stephen R Lawhead
The Hand that Bears the Sword by George Bryan Polivka
Abigail by Jill Eileen Smith

   Brentwood's Ward   The Fatal Tree (Bright Empires, #5)

The Hand That Bears the Sword   Abigail (The Wives of King David, #2)

What are you reading?

©2008-2015 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Your teaser made me smile. I'm very suggestible when I read too. My teaser this week comes from the latest in a science fiction series I adore - Dragon in Exile by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover of Pembroke Park and your Teaser too. This sounds like a book I'd enjoy.
    My Tuesday post features Nobody’s Cuter Than You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like 'The Secret of Pembroke Park' has a hint of 'Northhanger Abbey' to it! Also, architecture books are the bomb so I would totally return to those as well! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great week and that I see you at ABEA!
    My Tuesday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your TT made me smile remembering .. such a great story!
    and what's lined up , I've read Michelle's and LuVed it!
    Brgid fascinates me to read it - Have a great weekend and hapPy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.