This post may contain affiliate links.
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn at A Daily Rhythm. To play along, just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
- Be careful not to include spoilers!
- Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
"That must have been the letter James brought from the receiving-office then!" exclaimed Mrs. Darracott. "Well, at least he can write! Poor young man! I can't but pity him, though I perfectly appreciate how provoking it is for us all that he should have been born. Still, even your grandfather can't blame him for that!"
~The Unknown Ajax
by Georgette Heyer, page 30

©2008-2015 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

Quite a mix of emotions in that teaser!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my teaser this week is from Isaac Asimov http://wp.me/p3Nz8P-su
I love Georgette Heyer. The Unknown Ajax was one of the first of hers that I read. I'm teasing Ever After by Jude Deveraux on my adult blog this week. It's a romance with ghosts. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMrs. Darrocott is an interesting character--so judgmental! She reminds me of Maggie Smith's character in Downton Abbey.
ReplyDeleteMy Tuesday post features A Walk in the Woods.