This post may contain affiliate links.
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn at A Daily Rhythm. To play along, just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
- Be careful not to include spoilers!
- Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
"No, very true, my love!" agreed Mrs. Darracott. "I thought that myself, but it did put me on the fidgets when Richmond said he wanted to see me, because, in general, you know, things I never even heard about turn out to be my fault. However, as I say, it wasn't so today."
~The Unknown Ajax by Georgette Heyer, page 40

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First Chapter/First Paragraph/Tuesday Intros is a weekly link-up hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea. To participate, share the first paragraph (or two) of a book you're reading, or thinking about reading soon.
I was never so amazed in my life as when the Sniffer drew his concealed weapon from its case and struck me to the ground, stone dead.
How did I know that I was dead? As it seemed to me, I recovered consciousness in an instant after the blow, and heard the Sniffer saying, in a quavering voice: "He's dead! My God, I've killed him!" My wife was kneeling by my side, feeling my pulse, her ear to my heart; she said, with what I thought was remarkable self-possession in the circumstances, "Yes, you've killed him."
How did I know that I was dead? As it seemed to me, I recovered consciousness in an instant after the blow, and heard the Sniffer saying, in a quavering voice: "He's dead! My God, I've killed him!" My wife was kneeling by my side, feeling my pulse, her ear to my heart; she said, with what I thought was remarkable self-possession in the circumstances, "Yes, you've killed him."

Here's the blurb:
Anthony Burgess listed Davies' The Rebel Angels among the 99 best novels of our time and declared that Davies himself is "without doubt Nobel Prize material". In this unusual novel, Davies' protagonist is murdered in the first sentence of the book, but he lingers as a ghost to view the exploits of his ancestors, from the American Revolution to the present.
What do you think? Would you continue reading?

The Unknown Ajax was one of the first books I read by Heyer. I hope you are enjoying it. I haven't heard of your second book but it sounds good too. My teaser this week is from Shards of Hope by Nalini Singh. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteI have never read Heyer...but I am very curious. Thanks for sharing...and here's “WATERMELON”
ReplyDeleteI keep meaning to read Heyer! The teaser and blurb appeal to me more than the opening, but I would still keep reading.
ReplyDeleteThe Davies' opening is fantastic. I'd have to read on to see what happens next.
ReplyDeleteI have heard great things about Heyer's novels, but I haven't yet read one. The Davies' book sounds really interesting from the intro. I would definitely want to know more.
ReplyDeleteBoth of your book choices appeal to me. I haven't read anything by Davies, so I'll be looking to remedy that as soon as possible.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog and Tuesday post.
I haven't read any Georgette Heyer in ages. This title doesn't ring a bell, so I'll be looking into it.
ReplyDeleteMy TT this week: http://wp.me/pZnGI-o1
I sure would keep reading. I've yet to read this author and need to remedy that:)
ReplyDeleteMy TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/07/07/teaser-tuesdays-121-morrigans-shadow/
It has been awhile since I've read Heyer.
ReplyDeleteThe second book looks really good!
ReplyDeletemine: https://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2015/07/06/teaser-tuesday-stories-of-the-raksura-volume-2/
I don't think this one is for me, but hope you enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteI didn't really take a fancy to either one. Girl Who Reads
ReplyDeleteI liked the first one the best and really need to try this author. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteIntriguing teaser! Sounds like a good one. Thanks for visiting my blog :)
ReplyDelete