Wednesday, July 15

The Last Ten Books

This post may contain affiliate links. 
This week's list for Top Ten Tuesday is "Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession", whether bought, borrowed, or for review. My list will be linked along with many others at The Broke and The Bookish.

The Coffee Trader by David Liss - a bargain on Kindle, I couldn't resist downloading it. The title caught my attention and the description intrigued me. It's currently on my TBR.
Amsterdam, 1659 — a mysterious world of trade populated by schemers and rogues, where deception rules the day.
On the world’s first commodities exchange, fortunes are won and lost in an instant. Miguel Lienzo, a sharp-witted trader in the city's close-knit community of Portuguese Jews, knows this only too well. Once among the city’s most envied merchants, Miguel has lost everything in a sudden shift in the sugar markets. Now, impoverished and humiliated, living on the charity of his petty younger brother, Miguel must find a way to restore his wealth and reputation.
Miguel enters into a partnership with a seductive Dutchwoman who offers him one last chance at success — a daring plot to corner the market of an astonishing new commodity called "coffee." 
The Coffee Trader

A Study in Death (A Lady Darby Mystery) by Anna Lee Huber - This is the latest in the Lady Darby series, and came out only a week ago so I was quite surprised to get it so quickly from the library.
A Study in Death (Lady Darby, #4)

A Royal Pain by Rhys Bowen - Quite some time ago, I greatly enjoyed the first in Bowen's Lady Georgie series as an audiobook, so when I had the chance to get the next with an Audible trial, I grabbed it and got started.
A Royal Pain (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #2)

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens - This is the other audiobook I chose from Audible. Looking forward to listening to it soon!
Great Expectations

Swept Away by Vanessa Riley - this was free for Kindle a little bit ago (maybe still is) and is described as a "Regency retelling of Cinderella with a twist".
Swept Away: A Fairwilde Reflection Regency Fairy Tale

In Good Company by Jen Turano - received the ARC for this one from Bethany House, read it, and reviewed it HERE.
In Good Company (A Class of Their Own, #2)

The Conversation by Leigh A. Bortins - Starting it this week, it's for a review on my homeschool blog, Homeschool Coffee Break.
The Conversation - <i><b>NEW - ON SALE</i></b>

Your Sacred Yes: Trading Life-Draining Obligation for Freedom, Passion, and Joy by Susie Larson - another Bethany House review book, for which I will be posting my review very soon, this week if I can get to it!
Your Sacred Yes: Trading Life-Draining Obligation for Freedom, Passion, and Joy

Now and Forever (Wild at Heart) by Mary Conneally - Borrowed from the library. Read my review HERE.

Now and Forever (Wild at Heart, #2)

Suddenly Mrs. Darcy by Jenetta James - Picked up for free on Kindle awhile ago. Read it and reviewed it HERE.

Suddenly Mrs. Darcy

What books have you recently acquired? Leave a comment and let me know!

©2008-2015 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.