Wednesday, December 9

Top Ten Tuesday - Favorite New-to-Me Authors

This post may contain affiliate links. 


This week's list is the Top Ten New-to-Me Authors of 2015. I didn't come up with ten, but these are the authors that I read for the first time this year that impressed me the most. Others are sharing their lists at The Broke and the Bookish.

Julie Klassen  - The Dancing MasterThe Tutor's DaughterThe Secret of Pembrooke ParkLady Maybe - My introduction to Julie Klassen was The Dancing Master, and she quickly became a new favorite. Her newest book, The Painter's Daughter, was just released, and I am looking forward to getting my hands on it soon!

The Dancing Master   The Tutor's Daughter

The Secret of Pembrooke Park   Lady Maybe

Elizabeth Camden - Until the Dawn - I just finished this book a couple of days ago and need to write my review, but the short version is that I enjoyed it immensely and plan on reading more by this author.



Angela Hunt - Bathsheba: Reluctant Beauty - I reviewed this book earlier in the year, and found it very well done.

Cover Art

Lara S. Ormiston - Unequal Affection: A Pride and Prejudice Retelling - This was one of the loveliest re-imaginings of P&P I've read. I'm not sure how many other titles Ormiston has available, but I will be checking.

Unequal Affections: A Pride and Prejudice Retelling

Shannon Winslow - The Darcys of Pemberley - I won this book in a giveaway, and it also is among the most enjoyable P&P-based stories I've read. I'm hoping to read the next in this series soon.

The Darcys of Pemberley (The Darcys of Pemberley, #1)

Lisa Mantchev - Ticker - I found this YA steampunk novel delightful, and am very curious about Mantchev's other books. I finished this early in the year, and haven't managed to read any more by this author yet, but I haven't forgotten.

Ticker

Jen Turano - A Change of FortuneIn Good Company - These two books were so entertaining and quirky that I've placed Turano on my new favorites list, because I'm planning to read more from these funny series.

A Change of Fortune (Ladies of Distinction, #1)   In Good Company (A Class of Their Own, #2)

Have you added any new-to-you authors to your own list of favorites this year?

©2008-2015 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.