Tuesday, December 15

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter First Paragraph - Holiday Buzz

This post may contain affiliate links. 

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn at A Daily Rhythm. To play along, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers!
  • Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

Moirin Fagan knew her killer. I was certain of it, yet I knew next to nothing about her life. Finally getting some answers was worth the gamble, so I made a split-second decision: I would chase down my murdered employee's pissed-off boyfriend into a desolate employee parking lot.
 ~Holiday Buzz (A Coffeehouse Mystery) by Cleo Coyle, page 206



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

First Chapter/First Paragraph/Tuesday Intros is a weekly link-up hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea. To participate, share the first paragraph (or two) of a book you're reading, or thinking about reading soon.

Earlier that day . . .   "So how's the weather outside?" I asked. "Frightful?"   "Far from it," said Tucker Burton, pulling a woolen stocking cap off his floppy brown mop. "There's not even a hint of snow . . ."   There was no hint of murder, either. Not then.   I was still hours away from finding that poor girl's bludgeoned body; and soon after, I, Clare Cosi, would be the one to find her cold-blooded killer. At this hour, however, standing behind my coffeehouse counter, I wasn't thinking about murder weapons or contextual evidence. I didn't plan on interrogating a reality show diva; hoodwinking a New York hockey player; or butting heads with a conniving Cajun cook. And I certainly wasn't expecting to trump one of the biggest forensic freaks in the NYPD --- or withstand one of the worst shocks of my early midlife.

Here's the blurb:

At the Great New York Cookie Swap, pastry chefs bake their very best for charity. Village Blend coffeehouse manager Clare Cosi provides the beverage service, and her famous Fa-la-la-la Lattes make the gathering even merrier. But high spirits come crashing down to earth when Clare discovers the body of a hardworking baker's assistant. Police suspect a serial attacker whose escalating crimes have become known as "The Christmas Stalkings." But Clare's boyfriend, NYPD detective Mike Quinn, believes even more sinister forces are involved.

What do you think? Would you continue reading?

©2008-2015 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me! I've been reading a lot of cozies lately.

    Mine this week: The Octopus: A Story of California by Frank Norris at http://wp.me/pZnGI-sc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself drawn to female sleuths. This sounds like a candidate for my Mystery Monday meme. Here's my opening and teaser from The Snow Angel: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-14R

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a good one. I want to know how she does all those things she mentions in the opening. My teaser comes from Killing Trail by Margaret Mizushima this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That opening definitely gives a sampling of what's to come! I'd keep reading.
    My Tuesday post features THE JOURNEY BACK – A Doublesight Story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed a couple of books in this series, and I like how the author brings back familiar characters, like Clare. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “OUT OF ORANGE”

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a fun one for this time of year - enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somehow chasing him into a deserted parking lot doesn't sound like it will go to well. Enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.