Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress;
my God, in whom I trust.
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
~Psalm 91:1-2, 4~
Last week we were on vacation and spent a couple of days at Niagara Falls. As many times as we've been there, we had never gone on the boat cruises that take you to the base of the falls. Since it was the first time my sister and niece had ever been there, we splurged and went on the cruise. We loved it! But back to the point. There we were, on the open decks of a relatively small catamaran, getting up close to the six million cubic feet of water per minute thundering over the Horseshoe Falls, with only thin red plastic ponchos to prevent us getting completely drenched. How could we possibly have been laughing and confident, snapping photos with our cellphones, so near the base of these powerful falls? We didn't think about it much at the time, but obviously everyone on that cruise trusted that the boat was sound and that the captain and crew knew exactly what they were doing. How much more can we trust that God knows exactly what he is doing! We can be completely confident and at peace no matter how loud the thunder and chaos around us may be.
Okay, this picture was taken BEFORE we got on the boat but believe me we smiled at least as much when we were in the full mist of the falls and afterwards when our hair was rather soaked!
I'm pleased to be joining my friend Jennifer as co-host of the weekly Scripture and a Snapshot link-up this month! We're planning for Just A Second to become the new home of this link-up starting in October. Please be sure to thank Jennifer at A Glimpse of Our Life for hosting so faithfully for so long.
Link up here and visit others:
©2008-2018 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.





Kym, wonderful photos of the Falls. We have only been to the Falls once, and were soaked solely from the mist. I can only imagine on the boat but that is something I would love to do. So grateful for the reminder of how the Lord keeps us safe, no matter how chaotic life becomes around us.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to taking over the linkup! May God bless and grow the circle of friends!
Your boat ride is a great illustration of trust! I've been to the falls, but I've never taken the boat ride either! Thanks for sharing this story.
ReplyDeleteI've never been to the Falls before but I am grateful for time I've spent under the protection of the Lord's wings.
ReplyDeleteWow...as I read your Scripture, I felt like I was under His wings snuggling. He is so good! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteMy grandson went to the Falls this past year with his dad and they did the Falls. He really liked it and was so excited to go. Peace no matter how loud the chaos...how comforting is being under the blanket of Jesus.
ReplyDeleteI'll add your link up to Sunday Scripture Blessings.