This post contains affiliate links.

September was a very busy month, with the school year starting and so much going on! In addition we were on vacation last week, so once again I didn't get a whole lot of reading done. I finished a couple of really good books, started one that is quite thought-provoking, and have a couple ready to go for October!
September's Books Completed and Reviewed
During September I continued reading:
Condemn Me Not: Accused of Witchcraft
by Heather B. Moore - a novel of the life of one of the women accused in the infamous Salem Witch Trials.


During September I started reading:
Disruptive Witness: Speaking Truth in a Distracted Age
by Alan Noble - picked this one up because my son recommended it. When my kids recommend books, I check them out!

©2008-2018 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
Fawkes: A Novel
by Nadine Brandes - An imaginative blending of fantasy and history in which the Gunpowder Plot is part of the conflict between Igniters and Keepers and their views on the use of color powers. (Read my full review HERE.)

Treacherous Is the Night (A Verity Kent Mystery)
by Anna Lee Huber - Verity searches for one of her former Secret Service colleagues after receiving a very suspicious 'message' from her at a seance. (Read my full review HERE.)

I was part of a plot that rebelled against the Igniter movement. We were opposites, in more ways than just our stances on White Light.
Treacherous Is the Night (A Verity Kent Mystery)
It seemed impossible that the woman should be killed just as I was coming to question her. Killed in a manner in which one couldn't immediately verify the truthfulness of the assistant's assertions. Oh, the fire was definitely real. But as to her employer's death, that was highly suspicious.
Condemn Me Not: Accused of Witchcraft
What trials are we meant to endure in this life? And how did the trials of regular life escalate to this horror? I wonder if there is so much a soul can endure before death seems the better option. For I look upon an innocent babe now, and she has escaped an earthly hell.
During September I started reading:
Disruptive Witness: Speaking Truth in a Distracted Age
Living a distracted lifestyle does more than waste our time, it forms our minds, often in ways that are harmful for deep, sustained thought--the kind of thought so important to religious discourse.
Coming Up in October!
Praise Habit: Finding God in Sunsets and Sushi (Experiencing God)
by David Crowder - This one has been sitting on my to-read pile for a couple months, but somehow I always seem to start something else before opening it. Will try to prioritize this in October!


The Last Book in the Universe
by Rodman Philbrick - This is kind of cheating, because I started and finished this book yesterday, October 1st, and the review is coming in the next couple of days!


The Last Book in the Universe
Shelter of the Most High (Cities of Refuge)
by Connilynn Cossette - Came home from vacation to find this advance copy waiting for me, so it's a priority as well!
This post will be linked at:
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


Starting school month is busy but nice to get away for a vacation. And a couple of good books, that's a big plus I believe.
ReplyDelete