Monday, November 9

What I'm Reading - November 9, 2015

This post may contain affiliate links. 
It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This weekly reading list meme is hosted at Book Date. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next!

I recently finished reading...

Regency Buck by Georgette Heyer - This sat on my TBR pile for a long time before I got going on it, and then during the early chapters, I wondered whether I'd ever finish, as other things kept taking my attention away. Well, it was worth sticking with, as it turned out to be a real page-turner, and I finished up the last half of it very quickly since I had a hard time putting it down! (Read my review HERE.)

Regency Buck

I'm currently reading...


Murther and Walking Spirits by Robertson Davies - got sidetracked on this, again, but I'm back at it.

Murther and Walking Spirits


The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux - ditto. Sidetracked, but now back in the saddle.

 The Phantom of the Opera

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo - I've got mixed feelings about this. Most of the buzz I'm reading about the book is positive, but even in the first several pages, I'm reminded that it's coming from a different worldview than mine.

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up

  Next on the stack...

The Fatal Tree (Bright Empires) by Stephen R Lawhead
The Darcys of Pemberley by Shannon Winslow
- and I just picked up a bunch of new Kindle books too!

The Fatal Tree (Bright Empires, #5)   The Darcys of Pemberley (The Darcys of Pemberley, #1)

On my blogs last week...

Here on Just A Second:

Recent Reads - Regency Buck
Scripture and a Snapshot - Establish the Work of our Hands
Book Blogger Hop - November 6, 2015
Wordless Wednesday - Western Maryland Scenic Railroad
Teaser Tuesdays - Regency Buck

And on my homeschool blog, Homeschool Coffee Break:

Homeschool Weekly - A Quieter Week Edition
From the High School Lesson Book - The History of Mathematics . . . as a Science
Virtual Refrigerator - Thanksgiving Art: Pumpkin
Looking Back at the First Quarter
A Western Maryland Railroad PhotoJournal (Autumn Colors)

What are you reading?

©2008-2015 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed Regency Buck. I like Heyer's historical romances. The Grand Sophy is my favorite. Come see what I am reading here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you ended up enjoying Georgette Heyer. I have a couple of her books on my kindle and need to give her a try.

    I had the same reaction to The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up... still it helped me clean out my closet , and I'm grateful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear Regency Buck turned out to be worth continuing.

    The Fatal Tree looks good.

    ENJOY your reading week, and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I've never read Georgette Heyer! I should pick something...any recommendations?

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed the GH book, I sometimes feel when I am reading the first part of a book I am climbing a mountain and then the second half I just whizz down a slide, I read it so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Pemberley book has an amazing cover, makes you just want to stroll around those grounds!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have never guessed Heyer was a historical romance novelist. How interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.