Monday, March 18

What I'm Reading - March 18, 2019

This post contains affiliate links.
It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


This weekly reading list meme is hosted at Book Date. I also link up at Drop Everything And Read, hosted by Tales of a Pee Dee Mama. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next! Although the Book Date link-up happens weekly, I've had trouble keeping up with a weekly schedule, so I've decided to try for every other week! Here's the latest from my reading list.

I finished reading . . . 

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I haven't finished anything in the two weeks since I last did this reading list. I have been extremely busy, and I really am close to finished a couple of these. And I should be motivated, because I got new books in the mail recently that I'm excited about starting!

I'm currently reading . . .

 The White City: True Colors: Historical Stories of American Crime by Grace Hitchcock - Winnifred is known to have an overactive imagination, but she is certain about the kidnapping she witnessed at the World's Fair in Chicago. So she teams up with a detective that works for her father, a police inspector, to investigate.




The Golden Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower) by Kimberley Woodhouse - Just started on this soon-to-be-released installment in the Daughters of the Mayflower series.




Downsizing The Family Home: What to Save, What to Let Go by Marni Jameson - I got partway through this back in the summer, then had to shelve it. I forgot all about it until I was looking for another book and realized I'd never finished. I've quickly skimmed the first half or so, and now I'm power-reading the rest so I can finally call this one complete!




The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery - Valency Stirling has felt unloved by most everyone, and stifled by her family for most of her life. When she reaches her twenty-ninth birthday, she decides to take some chances and try living life on her terms. This was an online book club choice, and I didn't get it finished, but am still working on it. Hopefully I'll do better with this month's pick, and future picks!




Next on the stack... 

The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis

A Dangerous Collaboration (A Veronica Speedwell Mystery) by Deanna Raybourn
 Secrets in the Mist (A Gothic Myths Novel) by Anna Lee Huber

©2008-2019 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/ 

 We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


2 comments:

  1. Nice assortment of books. I liked A Dangerous Collaboration. I hope you do too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.