This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee.

This weekly reading list meme is hosted at Book Date. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next! Although the Book Date link-up happens weekly, I don't manage to post that often. I aim to post and link about once a month, although I sometimes link up my monthly summary as well.
I finished reading . . .
The Debutante's Code by Erica Vetsch - Lady Juliette Thorndike returns to London from finishing school for her debut season, but her parents have had to go to the estate and are not able to accompany her. After a mysterious theft of artwork, Juliette is stunned to find her uncle may have been involved, and even more shocked when Uncle Bertie reveals that he - and her parents - are spies for the Crown. Juliette must decide whether to follow in this family tradition. (Read my full review HERE)
Behind Love's Wall by Carrie Fancett Pagels - Designer Willa (in 2020) and singer Lily (in 1895) try to find safety and healing from their respective pasts while at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island. (Read my full review HERE)
Rest Girl: A Journey from Exhausted and Stressed to Entirely Blessed by Jami Amerine - A wonderful and encouraging book about accepting and giving yourself grace, and finding rest and peace in the process. (Read my full review HERE)
I'm currently reading . . .
As Death Draws Near by Anna Lee Huber - This book is taking me forever to read - and it's a re-read! I keep pausing to focus on other things. Anyway. Kiera and Gage are investigating a murder at an Irish abbey. (I'm way behind in the Lady Darby Read-Along group on Facebook!)
The End of the Magi by Patrick W. Carr - The prophet Daniel establishes a group of wise men who will be counting down the days to the fulfillment of his vision of the coming Messiah. That's sort of the prologue to the rest of this story in which a young magi acolyte flees the city at a time when the days are drawing near for the fulfillment.
A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty - I need to hustle and finish this inventive YA fantasy in which teens from our world and from a fantasy land called Cello are unexpectedly able to interact.
The Last Book in the Universe by Rodman Philbrick - I don't know that I'm reading this as much as skimming and referring to it now and again as we use it in the Creative Writing course I'm teaching. I've read it a couple times before so I didn't feel is necessary to read it cover to cover this time.
Next on the stack...
Atomic Habits by James Clear
A Brush with Shadows (A Lady Darby Mystery)
by Anna Lee Huber
An Unexpected Peril by Deanna Raybourn
All That's Fair by Amanda G. Stevens
Raincoats & Sunglasses by Caroline Johnston
What I'm Highlighting . . . I was privileged to participate in the book tour for this new regency mystery from Erica Vetsch. I thought it delightful (and you can see more of my thoughts in my review) and highly recommend it. There is also time remaining in the Cozy Up with a Good Book Giveaway, so I encourage you to click on the graphic below or go to my review post to enter!
On my blogs recently . . .
Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:
Scripture and a Snapshot posts
Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:
Scripture and a Snapshot posts
And on my "first cup blog", HS Coffee Break:
I Spy posts (#45-49)
What are you reading?
©2008-2021 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.