This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee.
I didn't do a lot of reading during December, but I think I picked up a bit of momentum again. It's almost time to summarize my 2022 Reading Challenges (I didn't complete nearly as much as I'd wanted to) and decide what my reading goals will be for 2023. Coming soon! Here's what I worked on during this holiday month:
December's Books Completed and Reviewed
Beneath His Silence by Hannah Linder - Ella poses as a governess in an attempt to find proof of Lord Sedgewick's guilt in her sister's death, but instead finds that things are not as she'd assumed, and perhaps her accusations are unfounded. (Read my full review HERE)
A Stroke of Malice by Anna Lee Huber - Kiera and Gage must identify a body, determine motive, and find a killer while at a Twelfth Night house party, and navigate complicated family dynamics at the same time. (Read my full review HERE)
During December I started reading:
A Wicked Conceit by Anna Lee Huber - Kiera and Gage become entangled in another murder case thanks to a mysterious author who casts them in a scandalous light
The Friendly Persuasion by Jessamyn West - I was determined to read this collection of short stories even though I wasn't teaching it in Lit class, and I finally got started.
Coming Up in January!
Murder Most Fair by Anna Lee Huber
What I'm Highlighting . . . since Five Minute Friday is on a holiday break, I decided to finally wrap up a couple of prompts from a series early in the year that seemed timely now. Unexpected Changes is the first of these three posts that will finally complete my 28 Days of Coping With Change series. Long story!
On my blogs recently . . .
Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:
And on HS Coffee Break:
I Spy posts (#100 and year-end Collections)
This post will be linked at the December 2022 Monthly Wrap-Up Round-up Link-up and Giveaway hosted by Feed Your Fiction Addiction; and at the weekly reading list meme hosted at Book Date.
©2008-2022 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.





December with all the gatherings and celebrations does hinder the reading! I can see a bit Anna Lee Huber fan lives here!
ReplyDeleteLooks like some fun reading for you this month. A Stroke of Malice sounds particularly intriguing! Enjoy your books this week and Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteSue
Book By Book