This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee.
Good books tell the truth, even when they're about things that never have been and never will be. They're truthful in a different way ~Stanisław Lem
Honestly, it feels a little silly even doing a bookshelf review this month because I've really not done a lot of reading for several weeks now. My August summary was pretty sparse, and I've only completed one book and worked on one other book during this month. I hope I'll be able to get more reading done in the month ahead - I think I'm past the lack of motivation, so now it's just dealing with my time management so I have opportunities to sit with a good book more often.
September's Books Completed and Reviewed
Composition As Conversation by Heather M. Hoover - A combination guidebook and textbook for engaging writing, which I'm planning to refer to as I teach a high school writing class this school year. (Read my review HERE.)
During September I started reading:
Not one new thing started! Shameful!
During September I continued reading:
The Starlet Spy by Rachel Scott McDaniel - A brilliant Swedish-born actress uses her reputation for being a dumb blond as a cover while spying for the American forces during WWII.
Where My Books Took Me in September . . . On Budget Tales Book Blog, there's a monthly meme about "Places My Books Have Taken Me" along with a one-word summary or review of the book. Here's where I've traveled through the pages during the month, along with One Word to sum up the ones I finished.
Composition As Conversation is non-fiction, so there is no setting (classroom?) but I can do a one-word summary.
One Word: Attentiveness
The Starlet Spy began in Hollywood, but the action quickly moved to Sweden.
Coming Up in October!
A Louisiana Christmas To Remember - novella collection
Voice of the Ancient by Connilyn Cossette
The Vanishing at Castle Moreau by Jaime Jo Wright
What I'm Highlighting . . . Despite my own lack of contribution, I'm continuing to host the monthly book review link-up for now. The Book Review Bulletin - September 2023 is open for a few more days, and a new link-up for October is scheduled to open on the 1st. I'd love for you to drop by and share a review or two, and comment on someone else's review. The hope is that we can comment on actual reviews and share them.
On my blogs recently . . .
Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:
On Homeschool Coffee Break:
And on A Fresh Cup of Coffee:
This post will be linked at the current BookWorms Monthly link-up hosted by At Home A Lot; at Budget Tales Book Blog; and at the weekly reading list meme hosted at Book Date.
©2008-2023 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.






Thanks for linking up, I've not done much reading myself this month.
ReplyDeleteThe Starlet Spy sounds really good. I think we all have those months when we don't read as much as usual.
ReplyDeletePopping over from Book Worms Monthly.