This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee.

This weekly reading list meme is hosted at Book Date. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next! Although the Book Date link-up happens weekly, I don't update that often. Usually I do this around the middle of the month, and try to share my monthly bookshelf summary on the last Monday of the month. Here's what I've been working on lately.
This summer has been a lot slower in terms of reading than I'd expected or would have liked, and I haven't got into the swing of things so far in September either. I've got a couple of review books I need to focus on and some new titles on my stack that I'm motivated to get going on, so hopefully I can curl up with one of these good books more often this fall!
I finished reading . . .
Reykjavík: A Crime Story by Ragnar Jónasson and Katrín Jakobsdóttir - A young journalist, and then his sister, pursue mysterious leads about what happened to a young girl who disappeared without a trace thirty years earlier. (Read my review HERE.)
Composition As Conversation by Heather M. Hoover - I still need to write my review of this guidebook for writing engaging and interesting material. I'm teaching a high school writing class at co-op again this year, and I liked the approaches and ideas in this digital ARC enough that I purchased the paperback, so that's a little preview of my thoughts for the review.
I'm currently reading . . .
The Starlet Spy by Rachel Scott McDaniel - During WWII a Swedish-born Hollywood actress is recruited to hunt down top secret documents. I need to pick up the pace on this, as it is a review book.
Next on the stack . . .
The Vanishing at Castle Moreau by Jaime Jo Wright - a dual timeline story centering around a castle and its mysterious residents who have an ominous reputation. I started this one awhile ago, had to shelve it while I got caught up on other things, and plan to pick it up again soon.
Voice of the Ancient by Connilyn Cossette
A Louisiana Christmas To Remember - novella collection
A Fatal Illusion by Anna Lee Huber
Queen of Exiles by Vanessa Riley
Killers of a Certain Age by Deanna Raybourn
Murder Most Fair by Anna Lee Huber
What I'm Highlighting . . . The monthly book review link-up is back for another month. Stop by the Book Review Bulletin - September 2023 and link up any of your reviews that you'd like to highlight.
On my blogs recently . . .
Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:
Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:
On my main coffee break project, A Fresh Cup of Coffee:
And I took a summer break at my "first cup blog", Homeschool Coffee Break, but have plans to update there again as the school year gets under way.
What are you reading?
This post will also be linked at What's On Your Bookshelf? #whatsonyourbookshelfchallenge hosted by Deb's World.
©2008-2023 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.




Nice looking assortment of books on your stack. I hope you enjoy them when you find the time. Come see my week here. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteMy summer reading has been very slow too. I hope you enjoy your upcoming books!
ReplyDelete