Monday, October 16

What I'm Reading - October 16, 2023

This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee.

 It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This weekly reading list meme is hosted at Book Date. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next! Although the Book Date link-up happens weekly, I don't update that often. Usually I do this around the middle of the month, and try to share my monthly bookshelf summary on the last Monday of the month. Here's what I've been working on lately.


I finished reading . . . 

The Starlet Spy by Rachel Scott McDaniel - A Hollywood actress takes on the role of spy during WWII, returning to Sweden to recover top secret documents before the Nazis get them.  (Read my review HERE.)



Composition As Conversation by Heather M. Hoover - When I last updated, I had finished this guidebook for writing engaging and interesting material, but hadn't yet written the review. The review was published a few days later, so you can read that HERE.



I'm currently reading . . .

A Louisiana Christmas To Remember (novella collection) - Three novellas that see members of a small town community find love and healing as they prepare for a very special Christmas celebration.



The Vanishing at Castle Moreau by Jaime Jo Wright - a dual timeline story centering around a castle and its mysterious residents who have an ominous reputation. 



Up Next . . . 

Garden of the Midnights by Hannah Linder - I just received this for review, so it's the next book I'll open, and since I've been slower in my reading lately, I'll have to open it in the next couple days and get going! Why do I keep volunteering to review even though it's hard to keep up with it all? Well, in this case, it's an author that has greatly impressed me so far, and come on, look at this cover - gorgeous!



On the TBR stack . . . 

These are the books that I wished I'd read already, and are waiting for me on my bedside table, as soon as I get a moment to start my next good read. The stack grows faster than my ability to read it, especially lately!

Voice of the Ancient by Connilyn Cossette
A Fatal Illusion by Anna Lee Huber
Queen of Exiles by Vanessa Riley
Killers of a Certain Age by Deanna Raybourn
Murder Most Fair by Anna Lee Huber


      

   

   


What I'm Highlighting . . . The monthly book review link-up is back for another month. Stop by the Book Review Bulletin - October 2023 and link up any of your reviews that you'd like to highlight.



On my blogs recently . . . 

Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:



On my main coffee break project, A Fresh Cup of Coffee:



And on my "first cup blog", Homeschool Coffee Break:



What are you reading?


This post will also be linked at What's On Your Bookshelf? #whatsonyourbookshelfchallenge hosted by Deb's World. 

 ©2008-2023 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/ 

 We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up about these books. I've added The Starlet Spy to my want to read list! Now I just have to hope my local library brings it in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found something on my list that sparked your interest, and I hope your library will make it available!

      Delete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.