Tuesday, November 24

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter First Paragraph - November 24, 2015

This post may contain affiliate links. 

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn at A Daily Rhythm. To play along, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers!
  • Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

You are a lucky man, Darcy. You have married the perfect wife and, in so doing, you have cleverly exempted yourself from waiting upon our aunt.
Yours sincerely,
- J. Fitzwilliam   

 ~The Darcys of Pemberley by Shannon Winslow, at 12% on my Kindle

The Darcys of Pemberley (The Darcys of Pemberley, #1)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 
First Chapter/First Paragraph/Tuesday Intros is a weekly link-up hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea. To participate, share the first paragraph (or two) of a book you're reading, or thinking about reading soon.

The Hudson River Valley
Summer 1898
   "That's where the body was found, floating facedown in the river," an ominous voice intoned. "He was stone-cold dead."
   Sophie sank behind the blackberry brambles to avoid being seen by the people ambling down the old pier toward the shore. She had hoped to take advantage of the river's low tide to gather oysters but had paused as a tour guide led a group of sightseers closer to the infamous spot in the river. The village needed the income from the tourists, and it would be best not to have the wild splendor of the spot spoiled by the sight of a local girl gathering oysters. She scooted a little higher up the hillside to remain hidden behind the bushes.

Until the Dawn by Elizabeth Camden



Here's the blurb:

A volunteer for the newly established Weather Bureau, Sophie van Riijn needs access to the highest spot in her village to report the most accurate readings. Fascinated by Dierenpark, an abandoned mansion high atop a windswept cliff in the Hudson River Valley, Sophie knows no better option despite a lack of permission from the absent owners.

The first Vandermark to return to the area in sixty years, Quentin intends to put an end to the shadowy rumors about the property that has brought nothing but trouble upon his family. Ready to tear down the mansion, he is furious to discover a local woman has been trespassing on his land.

Instantly at odds, Quentin and Sophie find common ground when she is the only one who can reach his troubled son. There's a light within Sophie that Quentin has never known, and a small spark of the hope that left him years ago begins to grow. But when the secrets of Dierenpark and the Vandermark family history are no longer content to stay in the past, will tragedy triumph or can their tenuous hope prevail?

What do you think? Would you continue reading?

©2008-2015 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

  1. I'd love to read these! Your teasers have me hooked already:)
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/11/24/teaser-tuesdays-137-a-piece-of-you/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't really sound for for me, but I am curious what happened. Thanks for sharing.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting. Thanks for visiting my site!

    Anyone up for a Christmas teaser? Dickens' A Christmas Carol: http://wp.me/p3Nz8P-yj

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm listening to Lognbourn (about the Bennet servants) right now. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would continue to read Until the Dawn. The first paragraph and the blurb grabbed me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I do love the sound of this one. I was drawn in by the cover....thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “SNOW ANGEL COVE”

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would definitely keep reading. It sounds like just the kind of story I enjoy. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these historical romances appeal to me. I've heard a lot about The Darcys of Pemberley and look forward to reading it.
    My Tuesday post features The Beach House.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The opening of Until the Dawn pulled me in right away. I definitely want to keep reading. I am less sure about the The Darcys of Pemberley book, but I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen reviews of this before and have it on my list. I want to read P&P first, even though I've seen several versions of the movie. Here's my teaser: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-12n

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not for me, sorry, but enjoy and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Elizabeth's books and would definitely keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd keep going on this one. I like these Jane Austen related books. Well, most of them. I just finished Longbourn and it was terrific. I'm going to find this one.

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.