This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee.
As each month draws to a close, I join in with a blog hop that encourages us to share Something Loved, Something Read, Something Treasured, and Something Ahead. Here is the November edition of my "Four Somethings" a few days early, since I expect I'll be pretty busy by the end of this week!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Something Loved
Last month I gave a shout-out to the brewed chocolate I was loving. This month I'm giving the shout-out to Black Rifle Coffee Company. Are you seeing a pattern? Coffee. Hmm. Well, that is part of the tagline for this blog and my homeschool blog too, so I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise. So Black Rifle has been on my list of coffees to try for awhile, and at the beginning of the month I ordered a Freedom Roast and a Blackbeard's Delight. Both are outstanding, so I went ahead and joined their coffee club and will be getting a couple of coffees every month with that subscription service. This is in addition to my first loyalty coffee club - Furnace Hills Coffee, which happens to be where I work. So I mean, obviously I get that coffee regularly, as in at least a pound every week. If you're a coffee lover too, I suggest you check both out. Black Rifle is one you've probably heard about. Furnace Hills is probably new to you, but we are a small batch roastery with a commitment to employ people with developmental disabilities.
Something Read
I completed four books so far this month, and have a couple more that I'll be finished soon if all goes well. You can see more about my reading in my Monthly Bookshelf Review for November 2020, which will be posted in a couple of days.
A Stroke of Malice by Anna Lee Huber
The Gold Digger by Liz Tolsma
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
The Calm I Seek by Christina Lourens
Something Treasured
Something Ahead
Spending time with family and friends, date nights, lots of laughter and fun.
Something Ahead
The Christmas season will be different this year. The church services and the activities we do as a family will be different. Our son and his family were planning to come to us for the holidays but we've changed those plans. That means we won't be with our granddaughter at Christmas. First Christmas we haven't all been together and I'm not happy about it. I imagine most families are in a similar situation this year, at least to some extent. The holidays are already a stressful time for many people, and with our governments imposing restrictions and stirring up fear, I think this year will be harder than most. May we all focus on our blessings instead of annoyances, and not give in to fear or despair.
©2008-2020 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.







I really love this: "May we all focus on our blessings instead of annoyances, and not give in to fear or despair." Just the encouragement we need as we walk into the strangest Christmas season.
ReplyDeleteI too am trying to focus on the blessings. It's better than becoming overwhelmed with all of the disappointments of the year.
ReplyDeleteI really liked the quote Kelly pointed out too! Also, the Christmas lights in the pictures are great!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun - coffee clubs! I like coffee but would never say that I love coffee. That could change if I could just find that one perfect roast:)
ReplyDelete