Monday, November 9

What I'm Reading - November 9, 2020

This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee. 

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This weekly reading list meme is hosted at Book Date. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next! Although the Book Date link-up happens weekly, I don't manage to post that often. I aim to post and link about once a month, although I sometimes link up my monthly summary as well. 

I finished reading . . . 

A Stroke of Malice by Anna Lee Huber - Kiera and Gage attend a Twelfth Night house party and are once again drawn into a murder investigation when a decaying corpse is found in the crypts. (Read my full review HERE)

   


The Gold Digger by Liz Tolsma - Ingrid helps Nils, a visitor to town, in his search for his missing brother, one of the men who came planning to marry widow Belle Gunness and were never heard from again. (Read my full review HERE)


Frankenstein by Mary Shelley - I finished this novel about a week ago, but wanted to wait until after wrapping up our study in class before writing my review. The class finished discussion on Thursday so watch for my thoughts on this classic in the next day or two.




I'm currently reading . . .

The Calm I Seek by Christina Lourens - Rebecca wants to live a quiet life after her husband's death, but she agrees to take a dance class, and starts spending time with the instructor.



The Last Book in the Universe by Rodman Philbrick - I'm re-reading this YA novel along with the students in my fiction writing class. 



Silas Marner by George Eliot - This is the next novel my Literature class is studying, and I just started it. I've been introduced to Silas and have learned some of his background. 



Next on the stack... 

To Dwell Among Cedars by Connilyn Cossette
 A Pretty Deceit by Anna Lee Huber
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
When Silence Sings by Sarah Loudin Thomas

   

   




What I'm Highlighting . . . Along with a few blogging friends, I'm participating in an Online Book Club that will be a little different. Instead of all reading the same title, we'll be reading books that have a theme in common. That way readers of all ages, homeschoolers or not, can participate. Our theme for November is Thankful/Thanksgiving. Stop by Homeschool Coffee Break to find out more.



My friends that read Just A Second are invited to join me at Homeschool Coffee Break for the Twenty-Six Lists link-up. It's every other week and the list prompts are for everyone, not just homeschoolers. This week's list will focus on Museums.



On my blogs recently . . . 

Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:

Scripture and a Snapshot posts


And on my homeschool blog, Homeschool Coffee Break:



What are you reading?

©2008-2020 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/ 

 We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.