Saturday, May 15

Scripture and a Snapshot - Watchmen on the Walls


For Zion's sake I will not keep silent,
for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet,
till her vindication shines out like the dawn,
her salvation like a blazing torch.
The nations will see your vindication,
and all kings your glory;
you will be called by a new name
that the mouth of the LORD will bestow.
You will be a crown of splendor in the LORD's hand,
a royal diadem in the hand of your God.

I have posted watchmen on your walls, Jerusalem;
they will never be silent day or night.
You who call on the LORD,
give yourselves no rest,
and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem
and makes her the praise of the earth.

The LORD has made proclamation
to the ends of the earth:
"Say to Daughter Zion,
'See, your Savior comes!
See, his reward is with him,
and his recompense accompanies him.'"
They will be called the Holy People,
the Redeemed of the LORD;
and you will be called Sought After,
the City No Longer Deserted.

~Isaiah 62:1-3, 6-7, 11-12~

When I read this passage this week, that middle section stood out to me and I noticed something I hadn't paid attention to before. The watchmen are not silent day or night - they are to watch and I assume to to keep reporting what they see. And "you who call on the LORD, give yourselves no rest," - don't take a break from crying out to him or from proclaiming his word. But it's the next line that made me think: "and give him no rest".  Give God no rest? That's what it says. Be persistent. Don't give up. Keep calling on God to keep his promises, because he will. Keep pleading for justice and mercy. Keep asking for him to make his will clear, to lead us, to strengthen us. God wants us to keep praying and not give up. 





Thank you for joining Scripture & A Snapshot. Leave a link to your own post sharing a Scripture and a Snapshot. Take time to visit some of the other links and bless each other with comments.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
I also link up at Sunday Scripture Blessings, hosted by Peabea's Photos 'n Scribbles; and at Selah, hosted by A Spirit of Simplicity.


©2008-2021 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/ 

 We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

5 comments:

  1. John Michael Talbot has set this passage to music, and it's such a treat to read it this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting phrase--give Him no rest. What a blessing that He welcomes our persistent prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved this portion of Scripture, but never noticed "give yourselves no rest". My One Word for this year is "prevail" so this was a blessing to read this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Till her vindication shines out struck me considering what is happening right now. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you...your post blessed and strengthened my walk and faith today.

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.