Monday, May 10

What I'm Reading - May 10, 2021

This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee. 

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This weekly reading list meme is hosted at Book Date. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next! Although the Book Date link-up happens weekly, I don't manage to post that often. I aim to post and link about once a month, although I sometimes link up my monthly summary as well. 

I have a lot I'm reading these days, but not many books that I've finished reading lately. Seems like I've been cycling the books I'm working on because I realize I need to pause a bit on one so that I can focus on another book or another project before a deadline. I've got a few deadlines coming up so hopefully I can stay on track!

I finished reading . . . 

The Silver Shadow by Liz Tolsma - Polly is a young and ambitious newspaper reporter who teams up with a detective in 1900 Denver to find the killer who has been targeting women. (Read my full review HERE)


The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - My Lit class wraps this up this week. It's the final novel for our school year, and was such an enjoyable re-read for me! I'll write a review soon! 



I'm currently reading . . .

The Anatomist's Wife by Anna Lee Huber - The first Lady Darby mystery, in which portrait artist Kiera, the widow of an anatomist, assists the investigator Sebastian Gage in solving a murder. I am re-reading along with many other fans and the author as we 'count down' to the release of the next Lady Darby novel. (Find the Lady Darby Read-Along group on Facebook if you're interested.)



A Wicked Conceit by Anna Lee Huber - And I had just started the latest in the Lady Darby series when the Read-Along was announced. So I am kind of torn - I really want to keep going, but it's a little odd to have both books going at once, plus I really need to keep up with review titles. 



Daughters of Zion: Biblical Retellings - C.A. Gray - This is a collection of retellings of the stories of women in the Bible. My review is coming up soon, so I need to wrap this up! 


Feed the Birds: Attract and Identify 196 Common North American Birds by Chris Earley - Just about finished perusing this beautiful guidebook!


The Only Woman in the Room by Marie Benedict - I started this historical novel about Hedy Lamarr, the glamour icon and screen star who was also a brilliant scientist, but it's on the backburner until I catch up on a few other things!



Next on the stack... 

Heart of a Runaway Girl - Trevor Wiltzen
The Inviting Life by Laura Calder.
Mortal Arts - Anna Lee Huber



     



What I'm Highlighting . . . Along with a few blogging friends, I'm participating in an Online Book Club that is a little different. Instead of all reading the same title, we'll be reading books that have a theme in common. That way readers of all ages, homeschoolers or not, can participate. Our theme for May is Spring. Stop by HS Coffee Break to find out more.



©2008-2021 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/ 

 We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


3 comments:

  1. I love the look of The Only Woman in the Room. Enjoy your week and your books, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the Lady Darby series but haven't slated it for a reread yet. I've read the ARC of the new one. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy. Huber's books sound really good. I've never read anything by her, but really need to soon. Benedict's book needs to go on my wish list.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete

Please take just a second to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.