This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee.
On occasion I'll be joining in the Top Ten Tuesday posts hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
This week's Top Ten Tuesday Topic is: Books on My Summer 2023 To-Read List. I think I've been in a season of slower reading again, and I'm not at all confident that I'll get all of these finished by the end of the summer. Halfway through the year I'm also realizing that I have my work cut out for me if I want to check off most of the remaining prompts in my 2023 Reading Challenges, and I haven't considered which of these titles will help with that goal. At any rate, here's what's currently top of mind to read.
Man of Shadow and Mist by Michelle Griep - This is a review title I'm engrossed in right now. I love it because it's riffing from the classic Dracula by Bram Stoker, and I love the references and the Gothic atmosphere. The two lead characters are so intriguing as well.
A Perilous Perspective by Anna Lee Huber - I've been trying to finish this for months, but keep getting interrupted. I must finish it very soon, because the next in the series is supposed to be in my mailbox today!
A Fatal Illusion by Anna Lee Huber - This one will be in my hands soon and I'll want to start on it the moment I finish A Perilous Perspective!
Composition As Conversation by Heather M. Hoover - This one needs to appear next on the list because it's a review book that I need to get to immediately or I'll be late!
The Vanishing At Castle Moreau by Jaime Jo Wright - I've been wanting to read this for awhile, and Jaime Jo Wright will be at a library festival here in a few weeks, so I think it would be lovely to meet her and have read her most recent.
Killers of a Certain Age by Deanna Raybourn - Here's another one that I bought a little while ago and just haven't had a chance to crack the cover yet. I hope to get to it soon!
Voice of the Ancient by Connilyn Cossette - This new title from a favorite author releases in August and I plan to have it in my hands almost immediately after that release day!
Murder Most Fair and A Certain Darkness by Anna Lee Huber - I've had these from the Verity Kent series on my to-read pile since their respective release dates, but haven't had time to get to them either. (One of the pitfalls of pre-ordering new releases from favorite authors - for me, anyway! - is that the books arrive without any respect for what else I have going on, and invariably the books I own must be set aside when I have a deadline to return a library book or to write a review) I desperately want to read these very soon, but since I've waited this long already . . .
The Day That Never Comes by Caimh McDonnell - I added this audiobook because I just finished the first in The Dublin Trilogy and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I'd like to listen to the rest in the series. Sinister and suspenseful, but also witty and laugh-out-loud funny.
What's on your reading list?
This article will be linked at Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl .
©2008-2023 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.



Man of Shadow and Mist sure sounds good.
ReplyDeleteHere is my Top Ten Tuesday post.
Lydia
This looks like great fun. I hope they all are good.
ReplyDeleteI'm super nerdy, so I just made a spreadsheet of all the reading challenge prompts I still need to complete and the books that will help me do that. It's a little daunting! Good luck to you on finishing your challenges. Enjoy your summer reading.
ReplyDeleteHappy TTT!
It looks like you really enjoy Anna Lee Huber, I have not read any books by her. I hope you enjoy all of these! Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your summer reading! I'm also doubtful that I'll finish my TBR list. There are too many books I want to read!
ReplyDeleteI've been meaning to read Killers of A Certain Age for ages but haven't got around to it yet. Haven't really been in the mood for crime type books much this year, but hopefully at some point later on in the year!
ReplyDeleteMy TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2023/06/20/top-ten-tuesday-425/