This post contains affiliate links - using affiliate links from Just A Second helps supply books and coffee.

This weekly reading list meme is hosted at Book Date. Join in to see what others are reading and maybe get some ideas of what to read next! Although the Book Date link-up happens weekly, I don't update that often. Usually I do this around the middle of the month, and try to share my monthly bookshelf summary on the last Monday of the month. Here's what I've been working on lately.
I finished reading . . .
The Keys to Gramercy Park by Candice Sue Patterson - The discovery of a stash of counterfeit in her historical apartment's wall may be just the story historical journalist Andrea needs to earn a promotion at her magazine, but in pursuing the history she might reveal secrets related to Beau's family that would harm his political ambitions and their relationship. This is a fascinating dual timeline story. (Read my review HERE.)
Fair As A Star by Mimi Matthews - Beryl is preparing to marry Sir Henry Rivenhall, but it's his brother Mark that is actually far more understanding and supportive when he discovers that she suffers from a persistent melancholy. Will Mark reveal his true feelings, and if he does, how will Beryl react? (Read my review HERE.)
I'm currently reading . . .
A Perilous Perspective by Anna Lee Huber - I made some real progress in this Lady Kiera mystery in which her discovery of forged art leads to a murder investigation and danger. At least until review books slowed me down again. But also the latest in the series will be released soon and I've pre-ordered it, so I need to get moving!
Beneath A Peaceful Moon by Debby Lee - I started this review book on my Kindle recently. Mary, a Yakima tribal member, and John, a Navajo, are serving in the military during WWII, using their language skills in the war effort, but needing to keep the details of their work secret.
A Man With One of Those Faces by Caimh McDonnell - Rather than reading, I'm listening to this one. Paul Mulchrone stumbles into intrigue when he's mistaken for someone involved in a crime and there are attempts on his life. Now Paul and his nurse friend must stay ahead of the murderers and the police in a race to figure out why.
Man of Shadow and Mist by Michelle Griep - This is the latest review book, and I've really been looking forward to it. This was a really busy weekend so I've mostly just enjoyed this beautiful cover and read the first pages to get a little taste.
Next on the stack . . .
Composition As Conversation by Heather M. Hoover
Killers of a Certain Age by Deanna Raybourn
Murder Most Fair by Anna Lee Huber
What I'm Highlighting . . . Coming soon!! I've decided to start hosting a monthly link party specifically for book reviews that you'd like to share for comments. I just posted a brief announcement about it and plan on starting in July. The first one will open during the last week of June though. See more here: Announcement: Book Review Bulletin Link-up Coming Soon!
On my blogs recently . . .
Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:
Besides the reviews, here on Just A Second you'll find:
On my main coffee break project, A Fresh Cup of Coffee:
And on my "first cup blog", Homeschool Coffee Break:
What are you reading?
©2008-2023 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.



I really liked Murder Most Fair. And I like the sound of the Mimi Matthews book.
ReplyDeleteBeneath a Peaceful Moon sounds very good.
ReplyDeleteI haven't read any of these books. Hope you enjoy them and have a great week!
ReplyDeleteI see several authors I recognize but haven't read any of the books listed. Murder Most Fair looks interesting.
ReplyDeleteI hope the kick off of your new meme goes well for you.
Happy Reading!