This post contains affiliate links.

Honestly, I've been so busy over the past month that I have done relatively little reading. I've had to temporarily set aside a couple of books, I had one review book delayed before it finally arrived, and I'm still waiting on one more that's expected for a review. And I'm even a couple days late in posting my review!
June's Books Completed and Reviewed
The Accidental Guardian
by Mary Connealy - Trace takes in Deb, her sister Gwen, and the two toddlers they were caring for after everyone else in their small wagon train is killed in a surprise attack. Trace and Deb are determined to find the men responsible and bring them to justice, and they just might find a future together as well. (Read my full review HERE.)

The Captured Bride: Daughters of the Mayflower - book 3
by Michelle Griep - Mercy is an army scout chosen to go on a dangerous mission that includes accused traitor Elias Dubois. Their loyalties and their faith are tested as they face danger and betrayal. (Read my full review HERE.)

A Brush with Shadows (A Lady Darby Mystery)
by Anna Lee Huber - Kiera accompanies Gage to his childhood home where he confronts his unhappy past and difficult family members while searching for the cousin that has gone missing. (Read my full review HERE.)
During June I continued reading:


During June I started reading:
The Master and His Apprentices: Art History from a Christian Perspective by Gina Ferguson - this is an art history text I just reviewed for the Homeschool Review Crew. I'm enjoying it enough that I will continue reading, but I'll slow down now that the review is written! (Read my review on Homeschool Coffee Break)
In the Region of the Summer Stars (Eirlandia Series)
by Stephen R. Lawhead - I got only a short ways into this fantasy historical novel when I had to set it aside to focus on review books. I look to pick it up again very shortly.


Together Forever (Orphan Train)
by Jody Hedlund - It seems like I've been waiting forever for this review book! It was quite late arriving, so as soon as it did, I got started and plan to get through it as soon as possible so I can post my review.


©2008-2018 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/ The Accidental Guardian
"The women and children walked away from the train into some tall grass before sunup. They were well hidden when the gunfire and screaming started." Trace stopped talking for a moment. He could well imagine their horror.
But as she grabbed the rope from where it hung inside the wagon, she squeezed the hemp as tightly as the squeeze of her heart, wishing Elias wasn't a traitor. That instead, he was the honorable man she wanted -- nay, needed -- him to be.
A Brush with Shadows (A Lady Darby Mystery)
Gage's hands fisted in aggravation, and I sympathized. For a man who'd gone to such lengths to bring us here to find his heir, his grandfather was remarkably unforthcoming. Which only made me wonder if I had been correct in my initial suspicions.
Delilah: Treacherous Beauty
by Angela Hunt - This novel based on the Biblical story alternates narration from Delilah's and Samson's point of view.
I had been living with Samson for months, and I'd never seen him do anything to receive or maintain his strength. Other than simple prayers, I'd not seen him perform any religious rituals . . . If Samson's strength came from an outside source, I had no idea what it could be.
During June I started reading:
The Master and His Apprentices: Art History from a Christian Perspective by Gina Ferguson - this is an art history text I just reviewed for the Homeschool Review Crew. I'm enjoying it enough that I will continue reading, but I'll slow down now that the review is written! (Read my review on Homeschool Coffee Break)
"Do you trust me, Conor mac Ardan?" the wily old druid asked. Why the question had been posed was still not apparent to Conor; the fact that it had been asked not once, but twice over, puzzled him greatly.
Together Forever (Orphan Train)
"Come on, come one," she whispered. This would likely be her one and only chance to investigate. Which meant she had no choice but to find the information she needed about her lost sister.
During June I shelved:
Downsizing The Family Home: What to Save, What to Let Go
by Marni Jameson - I had been browsing through this book hoping for some motivation, but with time at a premium I set it aside for a bit. Hope I'll be able to pick it up and finish soon, and do some downsizing as well!

Mother-Daughter Duet
by Cheri Fuller and Ali Plum - I had great intentions of reading this one, but just haven't found the time. See my above excuses! It's on my Kindle so I will pick it up again at a later date.


Downsizing The Family Home: What to Save, What to Let Go
Mother-Daughter Duet
Coming Up in July!
A Daring Venture
by Elizabeth Camden
Praise Habit: Finding God in Sunsets and Sushi (Experiencing God)
by David Crowder
Treacherous Is the Night (A Verity Kent Mystery)
by Anna Lee Huber


Praise Habit: Finding God in Sunsets and Sushi (Experiencing God)
Treacherous Is the Night (A Verity Kent Mystery)
This post will be linked at:
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


Hope you get more time this coming month Kym. I have just read your words on The Accidental Guardian and must say I am very tempted!
ReplyDelete