This post contains affiliate links.
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. To play along, just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
- Be careful not to include spoilers!
- Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
"I've relied upon my sister my entire life, even before she married Thornton. And now part of me needs to go out and prove I can be strong enough on my own."
~Together Forever (Orphan Train)
by Jody Hedlund, page 27



~Together Forever (Orphan Train)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First Chapter/First Paragraph/Tuesday Intros is a weekly link-up hosted by I'd Rather Be At The Beach. To participate, share the first paragraph (or two) of a book you're reading, or thinking about reading.
NEW YORK CITY
JUNE 1858
Marianne Neumann's fingers were shaking so hard she could barely pry open the first record book. There were half a dozen more in the drawer. How could she possibly search through all of them?
At a scuffing in the hallway, she glanced at the closed office door and froze. She held her breath and prayed the footsteps would pass by. After only two weeks on the job, she couldn't afford to be caught snooping in the director's desk.
Here's the blurb:
Will the Mistakes of Their Past Cost Them a Chance at Love?
Determined to find her lost younger sister, Marianne Neumann takes a job as a placing agent with the Children's Aid Society in 1858 New York. She not only hopes to offer children a better life, but prays she'll be able to discover whether Sophie ended up leaving the city on an orphan train so they can finally be reunited.
Andrew Brady, her fellow agent on her first placing trip, is a former schoolteacher who has an easy way with the children, firm but tender and friendly. Underneath his charm and handsome looks, though, seems to linger a grief that won't go away -- and a secret from his past that he keeps hidden.
As the two team up, placing orphans in the small railroad towns of Illinois, they find themselves growing ever closer . . . until a shocking tragedy threatens to upend all their work and change one of their lives forever.
©2008-2018 Just A Second. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


I don't read a lot of historical but this one really appeals to me. thanks for sharing and enjoy
ReplyDeleteYou had me at "orphan train." I do like the idea of finding lost family members.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, and here's mine: “MY (NOT SO) PERFECT LIFE”
sounds like a lovely historical novel!
ReplyDeleteHere is my teaser!
Have a great day! Luv Sassy!
I like stories like this. I hope you enjoy it. See what we are featuring at Girl Who Reads
ReplyDeleteSounds like one that will surprise you and keep you turning the pages. I love that cover too.
ReplyDeleteMy TT from House Of Furies
I would keep reading.
ReplyDelete